Local Council 2007 Recruitment Campaign
We heard your request for a recruitment tool and campaign! Thanks to your input we have created a kit for member to member recruitment; it’s called "The Remodelers Guide to Closing the Sale" and with that comes the "7 in 2007" recruitment campaign.
The Council teamed up with staff in the NAHB membership department to produce a printed guide, online resources and incentives as well as promotion and follow-up strategies. In developing the tool members were asked to provide their steps in closing a remodeling project sale from that we produced this guide. Local staff and EO’s were also asked for ideas utilizing and promoting the tool.
Closing the Sale Guide
The Closing the Sale Guide and 7 in 2007 campaign is a bottom-up; grass roots approach to recruiting members. It’s a participation marketing strategy. Members know the value of membership best. Who best to sell it?
What’s the goal?
Local growth and strategic member involvement. The Closing the Sale Guide will assist members in speaking confidently about the value of Council membership. It contains information on where to locate prospective members, FAQ’s and more.
Sounds like a good tool right? Want one? Well then, here’s where the 7 in 2007 recruitment campaign comes into play. Members receiving copies of the Closing the Sale Guide are will be asked to log on to www.nahb.org/honorroll
and sign a pledge to try to recruit 7 members in 2007.
Members who participate receive a number of benefits:
- Sign the pledge: get the portfolio
- Recruit 1 new member: ˝ Spike credit
- Recruit 2 members: ˝ Spike credit + Honor Roll Candidacy (listing published in ReNews and online, lapel pin)
- Recruit 3 members: ˝ Spike credit
- Recruit 4 members: ˝ Spike credit
- Recruit 5 members: ˝ Spike credit + Upgraded listing in RC Directory
- Recruit 6 members: ˝ Spike credit + Sales Closer Certificate of Achievement
- Recruit 7 members in 2007: ˝ Spike credit + Individual article-style profile, professionally written with photo, published in Nations Building News and ReNews.
Seven new members is a lofty goal, but with each new recruit is growth of the council and a goal achieved.
[return to top]
If you’d like copies of the Closing the Sale Guide for your members and information on how to kickoff the 7 in 2007 campaign, contact Barbara Drobins at email@example.com
or call 800-368-5242 x.8217.